The Chamber of Jefferson County is accepting nominations for the community leadership awards that will be presented in March.
The annual event honors outstanding citizens in East Jefferson County.
The five awards will be presented March 25 at the American Legion Event Hall in Port Townsend.
The chamber asks that no supplemental documents of letters of support be submitted with the application.
Nominations are open for the awards of Citizen of the Year, Business Leader of the Year, Rising Entrepreneur, Young Professional of the Year and Future Business Leader, a youth award.
The awards are described as follows:
- The Citizen of the Year Award is presented to a person whose extraordinary public service has made a positive impact on the community.
This is generally considered a lifetime achievement award given to a person who has chosen to give back to the community and to serve others. The Jefferson County community is a better place because of the efforts of this individual.
- The Business Leader of the Year Award is presented to a person who demonstrates a history of vision, service and leadership for the betterment of the Jefferson County community.
This individual has built a legacy of building other leaders along the way and has established a reputation of character, trust and leadership for others to emulate.
- Rising Entrepreneur Award is presented to a person who demonstrates a commitment to business and economic development and who embodies the entrepreneurial spirit and innovative thinking that will lead Jefferson County to sustained economic prosperity.
The contribution and leadership of this individual was a catalyst for job creation, smart growth/development or economic improvement in Jefferson County.
- Young Professional of the Year Award is given to a young professional who demonstrates excellence, creativity and valuable service in their business to improve the quality of life for others in the community.
The person serves as a role model for their peers and for youth.
- Future Business Leader Award is presented to a high school senior who displays leadership qualities every day – such qualities as honesty, integrity, dependability, respectfulness and compassion.
The student succeeds in academics as well as community service and serves as a role model for their peers.News Source: Peninsula Daily News